Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rudy Steiner

A few days after my first bath, Mama let me out to play with other kids. Soccer was being played, and soon it was me against this boy. I figured out that his name was Rudy Steiner. When other kids tried to make me go away, he smiled and told them to let me stay. Once when I blocked a goal, I smiled. Then, a snowball hit my face hard. Rudy was smiling. "Saukerl." I whispered. Later, he took me around and showed me things. He told me more about people. At school, he always looked for me. He started taunting a man named "Pfiffikus".  He yelled at the both of us. Once, Rudy challenged me to a race. If he won, he got to kiss me. Why would he want to kiss me? If I won, I wouldn't have to be goalie. It turned out to be a draw. He asked for the kiss and I said never. He said that one day, I would be dying to kiss him. Ha! I vowed that as long as both of us lived, I would never kiss that Saukerl. I looked at my suit. It was covered with mud. Mama was going to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment