Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nightmares and Papa

For a long time, it was hard in my new home. I kept having nightmares. I kept on seeing my dead brother. I would wake up screaming in the middle of the night. Papa would come in and comfort me. He would always be there and not go. Not even when I went back to sleep. I would always wake up again to see he was there. I enjoyed his thereness. I could really trust him. He also sometimes brought his thing called an accordion. He played it for me and I would smile-I never had music before. He played until Mama yelled, "STOP THAT NOISE, SAUKERL!" He winked at me and I winked back. Sometimes, he even played it at breakfast. He wouldn't be finished with his bread and jam. You could see the teeth marks. The music just appeared. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment